- alessandramortt likes this
- hermione-ganja likes this
- lady-toyano reblogged this from gailsimone
- lady-toyano likes this
- lady-toyano said: You seriously took the words out of my jumbled brains space and made them legibly perfect. Storm is an amazing character that has been getting the pitts the last few years and phasing out her awesomeness for silliness. She Hulk for close #2
- thefingerfuckingfemalefury reblogged this from mutantlexi and added:
- equiknocks likes this
- twister000 likes this
- greatergoods said: 1) Captain Marvel (aka the hero formerly known as Ms). If only b.c. someone finally realized her potential and didn’t go full Starfire with the relaunch. 2) Valkyrie or She-Hulk. Both are so strong, and funny!— would have made great BoP members!
- callmecoco likes this
- mutantlexi reblogged this from gailsimone and added:
- shadowen likes this
- ohgodhesloose said: I’m pretty lost on the current Marvel scene but I’d say for awhile She-Hulk was their primary female lead. Dan Slott’s run was brilliant and hey, they put her in MvC3. As for who I’d like to see, I’d have to go with Patsy “Hellcat” Walker, if only for the brilliant mini…
- alicebathory said: 1) Emma Frost 2) Captain Marvel
- alicebathory likes this
- drsumac reblogged this from gailsimone and added:
- stardustcrusade reblogged this from gailsimone and added:
- shortpantsandpixieboots likes this
- stardustcrusade likes this
- gavinsaurusrex likes this
- collababortion said: 1. Kitty Pryde. I love that she is strong as all get-out without losing her kindness and heart. That’s a tough road to hoe. And she’s running a school for teenaged superpowered hooligans, so yeah. STRONG. 2. I’d love to see Dani Moonstar! POC, HBIC
- ja-boo-ba-boo likes this
- the-disreputable-dog likes this
- so-the-little-honda likes this
- khealywu likes this
- filmgeekchic said: I’m not current on a lot of the X-Men titles, but my favorite female characters by far are Rogue and Emma Frost. I really got into Kitty Pryde during Whedon’s run of Astonishing X-Men as well. The only female character I don’t like is Jean Grey, who I just find a bit…
- y2jsgal said: I think Storm should have her own series.
- y2jsgal likes this
- power-squirrel said: 1) Carol Danvers as Captain America is just full of awesome. I really see her becoming more popular and hopefully more mainstream. It’s just so well written and drawn, it feels like Marvel is really trying to showcase her. 2) Moondragon just cuz.
- ealperin reblogged this from gailsimone and added:
- gregorioalvin said: 1.) In my opinion, it’s Spider-Woman, I see her on a lot of Marvel Books lately. They build her character back on Secret Invasion, but… Meh. YouknowMarvel. 2.) Rogue, because she has a lot of potential due to her story’s complexity.
- ealperin likes this
- comicadvice likes this
- tonkatsu-pork likes this
- glossylalia reblogged this from love-and-radiation and added:
- gojira007 said: Right now, their premier female hero is Carol “Captain Marvel” Danvers; she’s been getting a lot of attention the last few years, and her new Solo Book got a HUGE push from Marvel. As for who I’d LIKe to see as their P.F.C.? Storm, all the way.
- pristinely-ungifted said: Storm has always been my favourite Marvel lady, so I would LOVE to see her take on a more significant role. I think she needs to step away from the X-Men for a while and do some greater things. (Not that the X-Men aren’t great.)
- indestructible-theory reblogged this from gailsimone and added:
- windona said: 1) Seeing as Captain Marvel gets her own title, I guess that Carol’s the current premier female 2) I’d like the premier lady to not have started off as a lady version of a popular male super hero, so either Scarlet Witch or Storm.
- lizlem0nparty said: 1) black widow. of course there’s the avengers film. and brubaker’s winter soldier series is just as much about her as it is bucky. 2) i would love to see carol danvers ascend (she’s getting there.) i mean, she is CAPTAIN MARVEL now.
- dogunderwater likes this
- riceflavor said: 1: I am tempted to say Wanda, simply because she’s been so vital to so many recent storylines. Widow is probably the most well-known outside comics because Avengers. 2: I want a WHOLE BUNCH of premiere female characters, honestly!
- djinnborn reblogged this from gailsimone and added:
- teatrousers reblogged this from gailsimone and added:
- justbrokenandbruised likes this
- uncannybrettwhite reblogged this from gailsimone and added:
- idratherbeloislane likes this
- retro-nouveau reblogged this from gailsimone and added:
- yfox likes this
- shaolinsuckerpunch said: 1. Captain Marvel-she’s got a solo book and has been getting a big push for quite a while now. 2. Storm-She is awesome and yes Brian Wood has handled her well. I am hoping her becoming an Avenger would lead to bigger things.
So my question of the day is TWO questions, actually.
1) What female Marvel character do you feel is their premiere character overall RIGHT NOW? (By however you define that).
2) Which SINGLE Marvel female character would you like to see become their premiere female character?
Just for fun, there’s no grading. :)
1) I think it’s Captain Marvel, or at least well on the way to being so. She’s only a few issues into her new series, but the excitement and buzz around the comic has pushed her high into prominence. Of course, if Marvel had followed up the success of the Avengers movie with a really excellent Black Widow title, I think she would have scared away all competition and be Queen of the Heap right now.
2) The one I would love to see as the quintessential Marvel heroine, with the kind of iconic recognition that Wonder Woman gets, is She-Hulk. I love her to bits, the combination of humour and action and great relationships. Never mind Wonder Woman, with the right support she could be the new SPIDER-MAN.